Coloured using Manjistha/Maddar root powder and Zinc oxide. With its anti-inflamatory and antioxidant properties, manjistha or rubia cordifolia root powder is considered to be one of the best herbs for healthy skin, effective against hyperpigmentation and acne and in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
Since soap is a wash off product, the main role of manjistha powder in soap is that of a colorant.
Scented with a floral citrusy blend of Sweet orange essential oil, Geranium essential oils, Lavender oil & Cedarwood essential oil. It is such a beautiful happy scent.
Saponified* Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil***, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter***, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) oil, Cedrus atlantica Bark (Cedarwood) Oil, Rubia cordifolia root (Manjistha) powder, Zinc Oxide, Cruetly-free Tussah Silk, Sodium Lactate
All our Fragrance oils (phthalate-free) and micas are imported from the USA from companies which manufactures top notch quality raw material and are vegan & cruelty free.
Why to use cold processed soap:
Most of today's soaps have natural glycerin removed, only to be placed in lotions and marketed for people as a necessity after skin is stripped of its natural oils. Cold-process soaps are all glycerin soaps (the saponification process produces glycerin naturally as by-product), and provide other natural oils benefits for the skin. You cleanse, while nurturing the skin.
How is it made:
Cold Processed soaps are made in a traditional method that produces mild and gentle soap (with proper formulation). Oils are combines with lye solution so that the oil and lye molecules can combine to make something new: SOAP! We make all of our soaps with at least 5% superfat. This means that 5% or more of the luxurious oils that we add are left in the soap to nourish your skin. The end result is creamy lather, beautiful bubbles and pure soap that will nourish your skin whether you have oily skin or dry skin.
How to extend the life of your soap:
- Place your soap in an elevated soap dish that drains the water and allow aeration to facilitate the soap to dry (not flat on the tile or in a non-draining dish!).
- Ensure that it doesn't get wet between uses. This is optional, but it will definitely make your soap last longer.
- There are some things to note about hand crafted soap - Each bar is handmade and cut by hand, so variations will occur.
- We make no claims with our soap, as soap is a wash off product. However, we hope you are captivated by the scents, colours, and enjoy your bathing experience.
- A skin patch test should be done before using any soap with essential oil.
*Pregnant or nursing women and children should consult their health care providers before using essential oils.