The skin is the largest organ of the body, and therefore a very vital organ. Charcoal and clay is effective in treating oily skin, acne, cleaning pores and removing unwanted oil from face and body (great for oily skin). Scented with a blend of fresh n herbal notes of Tea Tree oil, floral notes of Geranium and Lavender oil and citrusy touch of bergamot oil.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal
- Deep cleanses skin pores
- Controls oil & removes dirt
- Provides gentle exfoliation
- Reduce pore size
Leaves skin clean & clear
Benefits of French Red Clay:
- French red clay comes from Hematite Iron, its color is the result of the copper oxides contained in this rock.
- Rich in kaolinite, illite, montmorillonitea and calcite, French Red Clay is best suited for normal to oily skin types.
- French Red Clay cleanses and sloughs off dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, leaving it refreshed and toned with a rejuvenated look.
Benefits of Yellow Clay:
- A gentle clay, good for dry or sensitive skin.
- Made of minerals and iron oxides, no aluminium.
- Detoxes at skin level, drawing out impurities; removes dead skin cells and acts as a toner
Benefits of Kokum butter:
- Kokum butter is an oil derived from the seeds of a fruit-bearing tree called the kokum tree. The chemical structure of the fat allows kokum butter to remain solid at room temperature — hence why it’s typically referred to as a butter instead of an oil.
- It is rich in essential fatty acids, which softens the skin and helps promote elasticity.
- Helps prevent drying of the skin
- Helps heal ulcers, heal fissures & cracks of the lips, hands and soles of feet
- Helps regenerates skin cells & reduces degeneration of skin cells
- Non-pore clogging (non-comodegenic)
- Contains 80% stearic-oleic-stearic triglycerides
- Contains antioxidant properties (Vitamin E galore!!)
- Softens the skin and restores skin flexibility & elasticity
Saponified* Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil***, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Seed Butter****, Ricinus Communis Seed (Castor) Oil, Activated Charcoal, French Red Clay, French Yellow Clay, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pelargonium graveolens Flower Oil
*Turn (fat/oil) into soap by reaction with an alkali
WHY COLD PROCESSED SOAP:
Most of today's soaps have natural glycerin removed, only to be placed in lotions and marketed for people as a necessity after skin is stripped of its natural oils. Cold processed soaps are all glycerin soaps (the saponification process produces glycerin naturally as by-product), and provide other natural oils benefits for the skin. You cleanse, while nurturing.
HOW IT'S MADE:
Cold Processed soaps are made in a traditional method that produces and natural and gentle soap. Oils are combines with lye solution so that the oil and lye molecules can combine to make something new: SOAP! We make all of my soaps with at least a 5% superfat content. This means that 5% or more of the luxurious oils that we add are left in the soap to nourish your skin and 0% of lye. The end result is a creamy lather, beautiful bubbles, and a pure soap that will nourish your skin whether you have oily skin or dry skin.
How to extend the life of your soap:
Place your soap in a dish that drains (not flat on the tile or in a non-draining dish!).
Ensure that it doesn't get wet between uses. This is optional, but it will definitely make your soap last longer.
Soaps gets better with age (just like wine) but we would recommond you to use the soaps within 6 months before the fragrance fades away.
Please note that since the products are hand-made there may be variation in looks from batch to batch and bar to bar. A skin patch test should be done before using any soap with essential oil.
*Pregnant or nursing women and children should consult their health care providers before using essential oils.