As slowly winter is setting in, I find myself attracted to everything that helps relieve dry skin (or at least doesn’t make it worse!) and soothes itchiness. This is one such soap that’s gentle and supercharged with skin loving ingredients such as Oatmilk, turmeric, Raw cocoa butter, unrefined shea butter, Olive oil, sweet almond oil, rice bran oil, virgin coconut oil and castor oil.
Benefits of oats:
They contain lipids that nourish skin and replenish oils that have been lost from the skin
- They have moisturizing properties
- They contain avenanthramides which are anti-oxidants solely found in oats
- They’re anti-inflammatory
- They are well known for their ability to soothe itchy skin
- They have cleansing properties thanks to a small amount of saponins.
Benefits of Turmeric:
- Turmeric is a spice who’s key ingredient curcuma has long been praised for it’s anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.
- In skincare products it is said to have the ability to brighten and renew the skin.
- Scented with a soothing belnd of French Lavender oil and Peppermint.
Saponified* Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter***, Oryza sativa (Rice Germ) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter***, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) flower Oil, Mentha piperita (Perppermint) oil, Steel rolled oats, organic turmeric powder, kaolin clay
How to extend the life of your soap:
- Place your soap in a dish that drains (not flat on the tile or in a non-draining dish!).
- Ensure that it doesn't get wet between uses. This is optional, but it will definitely make your soap last longer.
Soaps gets better with age (just like wine) but we would recommon you to use the soaps within 6 months before the fragrance fades away.
Please note that since the products are hand-made there may be variation in looks from batch to batch and bar to bar. A skin patch test should be done before using any soap with essential oil.
*Pregnant or nursing women and children should consult their health care providers before using essential oils.